We’re looking for an agency-experienced, enthusiastic Art Director to join our fast-paced team with the motivation and willingness to be a self-starter, as well as to work collaboratively throughout a variety of projects.
The ideal candidate will have an impressive portfolio that displays unique and engaging conceptual thinking and exceptional design.
- Must have 3-6 years of creative agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital design or equivalent experience,
- Proven ability to develop integrated campaigns and execute concepts across channels
- A strong understanding of best practices for digital and print
- A master of typography, layout, color use, composition, and brand identity principles.
- An innate understanding of UX, and up to date knowledge of current technology
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite – XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and to meet deadlines on a daily basis in a team-oriented environment
- Fluent English
- Brainstorm conceptual directions, both independently and as part of an integrated team
- Understand the requirements in creative briefs. Translate words and ideas into high caliber conceptual designs that engage, enlighten and inspire the end-user, maintaining campaign and brand continuity and interactive usability
- Develop a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns, social efforts, digital activations, websites, and printed materials for agency clients
- In addition, create assets for prospective client presentations and in-house communications
- Collaborate with creative director, fellow art directors, copywriters, and content creators to revise work and refine concepts
- Participate in group reviews of creative work, adding perspective and taking direction as needed
- Participate in client and internal creative review meetings professionally and passionately presenting the department’s work, persuasively explaining design rationale to non-designers, collecting and absorbing feedback, and offering solutions in real-time
- Guide junior team members in the development of all skills relevant to their growth as professional designers
- Deliver design work that meets or exceeds department expectations
- Must have a knowledge of current advertising campaigns, design trends, and industry technology, sharing findings with the department to facilitate new ways of thinking, working, and problem-solving